What is Learn with the Lords Online?
A 40-minute online Q&A session where your young people, aged 7-18, put their questions to a member of the House of Lords.
The session will bring UK Parliament to life for your students, and help them develop their understanding of the vital role of the House of Lords.
Find out more
Who can take part?
Learn with the Lords Online is open to all students aged 7 to 18 from UK based schools and colleges. Sessions are fully booked until March, but teachers can register their interest in booking a session in April-May 2023 below.
We run Learn with the Lords Online sessions for UK based Home Education Groups. We run two sessions per half term. The first for students aged 7 to 11, and the second for students aged 12 to 18. Parents or group leaders can sign up for our next sessions on Friday 03 February 2023. Please note that you will be joined by other Home Education groups in the sessions.
We ask for a minimum group size of 10 young people in all Learn with the Lords Online sessions.
How do the sessions work?
You will connect with the Lord and Baroness via a Microsoft Teams video call, which can be accessed via a browser.
School groups will need:
- A laptop or desktop connected to a large screen with speakers, such as an interactive whiteboard or large projector screen
- A working webcam and speakers, so pupils and your Baroness/Lord can see and hear
- To complete a test Microsoft Teams call the week before their session, organised by our team
Home Education groups will need:
- A laptop or desktop, preferably with webcam. To access on a phone or tablet you will need to download the free Microsoft Teams app.
- N.B. Home Education groups are not required to complete a test Microsoft Teams call
What’s in it for my students?
This session will bring UK Parliament to life for your students. Participation will support your curriculum aims for ages 7 through to 18.
We will send you links to resources in advance of your session to help your students prepare questions.
- School FAQs
- Schools Terms & Conditions
- Home Education Groups FAQs
- Home Education Groups Terms & Conditions
- Privacy Statement
If you have any further questions, please contact email@example.com.
Book a Learn with the Lords Online session
Last minute booking opportunities available:
- Friday 3 February, 14:30-15:10
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book, including the following information in your email:
- School name and address
- Teacher name and mobile number
- Number of students expected to take part
- Age range of students
- Subject knowledge of students
- Dates and times for a 10-minute Microsoft Teams test call ahead of the session
School groups – Register interest in booking a session in April-May 2023 Home Education Groups (ages 7 to 11) - 09:30 03 February 2023 (Eventbrite) Home Education Group (ages 12 to 18) - 10:30 03 February 2023 (Eventbrite)