About this event
This online conference was first broadcast on Friday 19 March 2021 hosted by ACT and UK Parliament’s Education and Engagement team. Explore how UK Parliament and citizens hold those in power to account through Select Committees. Find out how your pupils can get involved.
Hear from a range of guest speakers including:
- Baroness Lane-Fox of Soho, Chair, COVID-19 Committee, House of Lords
- Anne-Marie Griffiths, Clerk, Work and Pensions Select Committee, House of Commons
- Shapla Begum, UK Parliament Select Committee Engagement Team
- Sera Shortland and Steven Humphrys, ACT Teaching Ambassadors
- Harriet Andrews, Director/Founder, The Politics Project
During the conference ACT teachers modeled how they have incorporated learning about Select Committees and the inquiry process into their teaching. Download Anne-Marie Griffiths’ presentation and the Select Committee Engagement Team’s presentation.