What to expect
Online modules are designed for teachers to develop their subject knowledge of UK Parliament and related topics.
Each module includes articles, activities and video to deepen your understanding of the topic, as well as ideas for embedding knowledge of UK Parliament and democracy into your teaching practice.
Watch this space for more modules coming soon.
Understanding UK Parliament and government e-module
There is sometimes confusion over the difference between UK Parliament and the government. By the end of this course you will be able to:
- explain some of the the roles of the UK Government
- explain who forms UK Parliament and its functions
- outline some of the methods UK Parliament uses to scrutinise government
How Laws are Made e-module
This e-learning module will develop your knowledge and understanding of the process of making laws at UK Parliament.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the process bills must go through in order to become laws.
- Outline some of the ways ideas for new laws come to UK Parliament.
- Embed this knowledge into your teaching practice.