The ‘Find out about Parliament’ series, is an introduction to the work of Parliament through activities, stories and imagery, for pupils aged 5-8.
The resources have practical and accessible ideas to get pupils thinking about what it means to represent other people. Younger pupils will enjoy listening to the stories which explore each theme in a familiar context, while the poster pack provides a stimulus to extend pupils’ understanding of each concept and how it relates to Parliament.
- Citizenship KS1/2 – Developing confidence and responsibility
- Citizenship KS1/2 – Preparing to play an active role as citizens
- SMSC KS1/2 – British Values
- PDMU KS1 – Rights, Rules and Responsibilities
- PSHE KS2 – Living in the wider world
- Health and Wellbeing – Social wellbeing
- Social Studies – People in society, economy and business
- PSE KS1/2 – Active citizenship
- PSHE KS1/2 – Living in the wider world
What does representing mean? (poster pack)FInd-out-about-Parliament-Representing-poster-pack.pdf (1.43 MB)
What does representing mean? (Teachers' resource)Find-out-about-Parliament-Representing-booklet-.pdf (3.21 MB)