The ‘Find out about Parliament’ series, is an introduction to the work of Parliament through activities, stories and imagery, for pupils aged 5-8.
The resources have practical and accessible ideas to get pupils thinking about how they make decisions in a group. Younger pupils will enjoy listening to the stories which explore each theme in a familiar context, while the poster pack provides a stimulus to extend pupils’ understanding of each concept and how it relates to Parliament.
- Citizenship KS1/2 – Developing confidence and responsibility
- Citizenship KS1/2 – Preparing to play an active role as citizens
- SMSC KS1/2 – British Values
- PDMU KS1 – Rights, Rules and Responsibilities
- PSHE KS2 – Living in the wider world
- Health and Wellbeing – Social wellbeing
- Social Studies – People in society, economy and business
- PSE KS1/2 – Active citizenship
- PSHE KS1/2 – Living in the wider world
Voting (Teachers' resource)Find-out-about-Parliament-Voting-booklet.pdf (2.45 MB)
Voting (Poster pack)Find-out-about-Parliament-Voting-poster-pack.pdf (1.36 MB)