The ‘Find out about Parliament’ series, is an introduction to the work of Parliament through activities, stories and imagery, for pupils aged 5-8.
The resources have practical ideas to get pupils thinking about why asking questions is important. Younger pupils will enjoy listening to the stories which explore each theme in a familiar context, while the poster pack provides a stimulus to extend pupils’ understanding of each concept and how it relates to Parliament.
- Citizenship KS1/2 – Developing confidence and responsibility
- Citizenship KS1/2 – Preparing to play an active role as citizens
- SMSC KS1/2 – British Values
- PDMU KS1 – Rights, Rules and Responsibilities
- PSHE KS2 – Living in the wider world
- Health and Wellbeing – Social wellbeing
- Social Studies – People in society, economy and business
- PSE KS1/2 – Active citizenship
- PSHE KS1/2 – Living in the wider world
Asking Questions (teachers' resource)Find-out-about-Parliament-Questions-booklet.pdf (1.09 MB)
Asking Questions (poster pack)Find-out-about-Parliament-Questions-poster-pack.pdf (1.51 MB)