A specifically designed ‘Quiet Day’ for SEND schools here at the UK Parliament. The day aims to create an inclusive, quiet and flexible atmosphere for SEND pupils visiting Parliament within our education programme.
Organisations that have not benefitted from a place on any UK Parliament Education visit programme in the last three years will be processed first.
Available to UK schools only.
This visit includes:
- A tour of the Palace of Westminster
- Access to a free flowing learning space with facilitated object handling designed to explore elements of Parliament
- Access to a lunch space
- Quiet zone
- 360 video projection room
The programme lasts 3 1/2 hours with allowance made for time to settle in to the environment at the start of the visit. We will also invite your organisation’s local constituency MP to come along and meet the group during their time here.
General Itinerary of the day:
- Arrive at Education Centre: orientation and toilet break, space available for groups to eat – 30 minutes
- Free-flow activities in the Education Centre – 60 minutes
- Tour of the Palace of Westminster – 90 minutes
- Return to the Education Centre: toilet break, space available for groups to eat, prepare to leave – 30 minutes
- Total time 3 ½ hours
The free flowing activities in the Education Centre would be as follows:
- Contact your MP
- The Experts – House of Lords
- Dress up station
- Law Making
- Timeline of the UK Parliament
The visit is designed to be a memorable introduction to the UK Parliament.
Visiting times and information
Open to: UK pupils aged 5-18 (Years 1-13 England and Wales, P1-S6 Scotland and Years 2-14 Northern Ireland)
Time/Duration: Timed slots each lasting 3 hours and 30 mins (we can be flexible with duration of the visit – to suit your groups requirements)
10:00-13:30/ 10:30-14:00/ 11:00-14:30/ 11:30-15:00/ 12:00-15:30/ 12:30-16:00
Places per session: 20 (to include pupils and adults).