We are delighted to be welcoming school groups back to the Education Centre from September.
We know schools need to plan and book ahead, so our Autumn term offer has been adapted based on current government guidelines.
This means that for the Autumn term:
- We have reduced the number of school groups in the Education Centre at any one time and have staggered arrival times. School groups will operate as bubbles.
- Our sessions will run in the mornings Monday-Wednesday, and selected Fridays (subject to parliamentary business) when the tour route will be quieter and it will be possible to keep groups socially distanced.
- Our education team and Security Officers have received Covid-19 safety training. Your group will always be accompanied by a member of the education team.
- We are undertaking regular cleaning throughout the Education Centre and visitor route. Any resources used in the Education Centre will be cleaned between each session.
- Open windows and mechanical ventilation systems will be used to provide fresh air and ventilation in the Education Centre and elsewhere during your visit.
- Hand sanitising stations are positioned in the Education Centre and along the visitor route
- Schools are asked to bring their own stationery.
- There will be nowhere availiable at UK Parliament for your group to eat lunch. Water fountains will be available and can be used to replenish reusable water bottles. Water fountains will be cleaned regularly.
- Do not visit us if any members of the class are exhibiting symptoms of Covid-19.
- Please contact us should any member of your group exhibit Covid-19 symptoms or receive a positive Covid-19 test result within 48 hours after visiting.
We will continue to adapt our measures in line with legislation and government guidance at the time of visiting. You may be asked to provide further information before your visit and you will be notified if there are any additional requirements or changes to your visit. More details about planning a safe visit and other useful information for teachers, can be found on our planning your visit page.
If you need any more information about safety while visiting, please contact our bookings team on 020 7219 4496 or email email@example.com.