The following measures will be in place until otherwise announced, in accordance with industry best practice.
This means that:
- Face masks – Face covering is now a matter of personal choice when visiting the UK Parliamentary Education Centre or walking around the Parliamentary Estate during a tour.
- Headsets – Tour guides will be using microphones which transmit to headsets which will be provided to all visitors; these can also be used with hearing loops. All equipment will be cleaned thoroughly after each use.
- Cleaning – We are undertaking regular cleaning throughout the Education Centre and visitor route. Any resources used in the Education Centre will be cleaned between each session.
- Our lunch space is now opened and can be used for 30 minutes at the end of your workshop. It is likely you will be sharing this space with another school This facility is only available for schools who have booked a tour and a workshop programme.
- Ventilation – Open windows and mechanical ventilation systems will be used to provide fresh air and ventilation in the Education Centre and elsewhere during your visit.
- Hand sanitiser – Hand sanitising stations are positioned in the Education Centre and along the visitor route.
- Stationery – Schools are asked to bring their own stationery.
- Covid-19 symptoms – Do not visit us if any members of the class are exhibiting symptoms of Covid-19. Please contact us should any member of your group exhibit Covid-19 symptoms or receive a positive Covid-19 test result within 48 hours after visiting.
We will continue to adapt our measures in line with legislation and government guidance at the time of visiting. You may be asked to provide further information before your visit and you will be notified if there are any additional requirements or changes to your visit. More details about planning a safe visit and other useful information for teachers, can be found on our planning your visit page.
If you need any more information about safety while visiting, please contact our bookings team on 020 7219 4496 or email email@example.com.