Apply to become a UK Parliament Teacher Ambassador
Discover how you can develop your learners’ and colleagues’ knowledge of UK Parliament, and how they can actively engage with the work that happens here.
This is a unique opportunity to progress in your career as an accredited partner of the UK Parliament Education and Engagement Team.
Apply for Teachers’ Institute, our flagship 3-day immersive training experience at UK Parliament, to lay the foundation for your ongoing work towards Teacher Ambassador status.
Hear from Members and colleagues working in key roles across UK Parliament, and network with teachers from across the UK.
Use the tools you develop at Teachers’ Institute to build your portfolio and work towards your choice of bronze, silver, or gold accreditation.
Return to your school or college to cascade everything you’ve learned to your students, colleagues and your wider community.
Become an accredited UK Parliament Teacher Ambassador by submitting your portfolio and receive:
- a certificate of your accreditation
- a digital badge for your school’s website
- access to the Teacher Ambassador online community
- unique opportunities to engage with UK Parliament
Teacher Ambassador Programme Application Guide
Please read before you apply
Teachers’ Institute, a 3-day residential course at the Houses of Parliament, is a key part of this programme which will build on your understanding of the UK Parliament and help you to deliver classes about democracy and active citizenship in your school/college.
UK Parliament Teacher Ambassadors
As a graduate of Teachers’ Institute and as a Teacher Ambassador, you will play an active and rewarding role promoting engagement with the UK Parliament by:
- delivering workshops and assemblies to students in your school/college
- leading professional development seminars for your colleagues
- organising events for other schools in your area
- contributing articles/reports to school websites/blogs which highlight your achievements
Please take care when completing the application form below as your suitability for the programme will be assessed entirely on your answers to the three questions below.
You may want to prepare your answers to the following questions before beginning the application. Please note that each answer can be a maximum of 1200 characters (around 200 words).
- Why would you like to become a UK Parliament Teacher Ambassador? (1200 characters max)
- Describe how your work as a Teacher Ambassador would impact on your students and colleagues. (1200 characters max)
- Identify and briefly describe three priorities which you would like to achieve in your school following Teachers’ Institute. (1200 characters max)
- Clear articulation of interest in the programme and how it will benefit you
- Clear articulation of the impact your attendance at Teachers’ Institute will have on your students and colleagues
- Evidence of well-articulated plans and preparation to enable your students, colleagues and school to benefit from your experience
All places will be allocated on the basis of responses given in the application form. An additional waiting list will be created in the event of any of the selected applicants being unable to take up their places.
Applications for the 23-25 January 2023 Teachers’ Institute close on Sunday 2 October 2022.
You will receive a confirmation email when your application has been received.
You will be informed of the outcome of your application by Thursday 27 October 2022 and, if successful, asked to confirm your place by Thursday 3 November 2022 at the latest.
Applicants placed on the waiting list will be informed and asked whether they are interested in remaining on this list until shortly before the start of the scheme.
Thank you for your interest in the UK Parliament Teacher Ambassador Programme. For any queries, please contact email@example.com
UK Parliament Teacher Ambassador Programme
Please note that Teachers’ Institute is open to those currently working in schools/colleges in UK constituencies.Apply now