Congratulations to the January 2023 cohort of UK Parliament Teacher Ambassadors!
We look forward to welcoming your application for our next teachers’ Institute, 26-28 June.
Apply today to be part of the June 2023 cohort
Apply to become a UK Parliament Teacher Ambassador
Discover how you can develop your learners’ and colleagues’ knowledge of UK Parliament, and how they can actively engage with the work that happens here.
for the UK Parliament Teacher Ambassador Programme, a unique development opportunity to become an accredited partner of the UK Parliament Education and Engagement Team
at Teachers’ Institute, our flagship 3-day immersive training experience at UK Parliament. Hear from Members and colleagues working in key roles across UK Parliament, and network with teachers from across the UK. Use the tools you develop to lay the foundation for your ongoing work towards Teacher Ambassador status.
your learners, your colleagues, and your wider community by cascading everything you’ve learned. Build your portfolio to achieve bronze, silver or gold status and join a community of Teacher Ambassadors.
All travel, accommodation and most meal costs for Teachers’ Institute are covered.
As an accredited UK Parliament Teacher Ambassador, you will receive:
- a certificate of your accreditation
- a digital badge for your school’s website
- access to the Teacher Ambassador online community
- unique opportunities to engage with UK Parliament
Teacher Ambassador Programme Application Guide
Please read before you apply
UK Parliament Teacher Ambassador Programme includes a 3-day residential training course at the Houses of Parliament. This key aspect of the programme will build on your understanding of UK Parliament and help you to deliver learning experiences exploring democracy and active citizenship in your school/college. As a graduate of Teachers’ Institute and as a Teacher Ambassador, you will play an active and rewarding role promoting engagement with the UK Parliament by:
- delivering workshops and assemblies to students in your school/college
- leading professional development seminars for your colleagues
- organising events for other schools in your area
- contributing articles/reports to school websites/blogs which highlight your achievements
Your suitability for the programme will be assessed on your responses to the following three questions:
We advise you to prepare your answers before you begin the application Please note that each answer can be a maximum of 1200 characters.
- Why would you like to become a UK Parliament Teacher Ambassador? (1200 characters max)
- Describe how your work as a Teacher Ambassador would impact on your students and colleagues. (1200 characters max)
- Identify and briefly describe three priorities which you would like to achieve in your school/college following Teachers’ Institute. (1200 characters max)
We will use the following criteria to score your responses:
- Clear articulation of interest in the programme and how it will benefit you
- Clear articulation of the impact your attendance at Teachers’ Institute will have on your students and colleagues
- Evidence of well-articulated plans and preparation to enable your students, colleagues and school to benefit from your experience
All places will be allocated on the basis of responses given in the application form. An additional waiting list will be created in the event of any of the selected applicants being unable to take up their places.
UK Parliament Teacher Ambassador Programme - open
Applications for the 26-28 June 2023 Teachers’ Institute close on Sunday 19 March 2023.
You will receive a confirmation email when your application has been received. We will notify you of the outcome by Thursday 13 April.Apply now