The word ‘suffrage’ means having the right to vote in political elections. The suffragettes were women who campaigned for this right. In this presentation pupils find out about Emily Wilding Davison, a suffragette who campaigned for equal rights for women.
- Citizenship KS1 – Preparing to play an active role as citizens
- SMSC KS1 – British Values
- History KS1 – developing awareness of the past
- History KS1 – Significant events, people and places
- PDMU KS2 – Rights, Rules and Responsibilities
- Social Studies – People, past events and societies
- PSE KS2 – Active citizenship