Elizabeth Tower Competition Terms and Conditions
1. By entering the Elizabeth Tower Competition, all Entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
2. In these Terms and Conditions:
Closing Date means noon on Monday 30th January 2023
Competition means the Elizabeth Tower Design Competition
Entrant/s means any person or group who has entered the Competition
Entry Form means the online Elizabeth Tower Competition Entry Form (https://learning.parliament.uk/en/elizabeth-tower-competition-form/)
We/Us means the Corporate Officer of the House of Commons and Our/Ours is interpreted accordingly.
Winner/s means the winner/s of the Competition
3. All UK residents aged between 7 and 12 years old on the Closing Date of the Competition are eligible to enter this Competition either alone or in groups of up to five people.
4. Our employees, employees of the House of Lords, their families, cohabitants, agents and anyone affiliated with the Competition will not be eligible to enter.
5. In entering the Competition, the Entrant/s confirm that they are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize they may win. We may require the Entrant/s to provide proof that they are eligible to enter the Competition.
6. An Entrant can enter the Competition once in each category (maximum twice total), however each entry must be accompanied by a completed Entry Form, submitted by the Entrant/s parent, guardian or an appropriate adult, confirming they have read these Terms and Conditions.
How to enter
7. The Competition will run from 12:00 (BST) on Monday 14th November 2022 to 12:00 (BST) on Monday 30th January 2023. All Competition entries must be received by Us no later than noon on the Closing Date. All entries received after noon on the Closing Date are automatically disqualified. We reserve the right to alter the Competition dates at our absolute discretion. The Closing Date will only be altered to extend the period and not shorten it.
8. To enter the Competition, complete the digital Entry Form from at https://learning.parliament.uk/en/elizabeth-tower-competition-form/. All relevant fields should be completed. Entries made on any other type of form will be declared invalid and disqualified from the Competition.
9. The Entrant/s must submit the completed Entry Form including a photograph of their tower and accompanying description by noon on the Closing Date.
10. We will not accept:
• responsibility for Competition entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or
• proof of transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the Competition.
11. Each completed entry must be created by and attributed to the Entrant or Entrants named on the Entry Form.
12. All Entrants shall be responsible for the cost of submitting their entries to the Competition.
13. We reserve the right to verify any entries and Winners and may refuse to award Prizes where We have reasonable grounds to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions.
The Winners and Prizes
14. The Competition will have two individual Winners and two group Winners, one of each from each age group (7-9 years and 10-12 years). The groups will consist of no more than 5 children.
15. The Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges after the Closing Date. The panel of judges will be made up from members of the Elizabeth Tower project team and the Education and Engagement team.
16. The Winners will be entitled to receive:
• A winners day at the Palace of Westminster including lunch and a trip on the London Eye;
• A voucher for 2 adults and 2 children (aged 11-18) to visit the Elizabeth Tower, valid until 31st December 2028; and
• Reasonable travel expenses to and from London for each Winner and one accompanying adult per child for the Winners day (“Prizes”)
17. The date for receipt of the prizes is Friday 21 April 2023 (“Prize Date”). There is no option to receive the prizes on an alternative date. If the Winners are unable to attend, We reserve the right to award the Prizes to alternative Entrants.
18. The Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. We reserve the right to substitute the Prizes of equal or greater value.
19. The results of the Competition are final and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the results.
20. The Winners will be announced by March 10th 2023. We will aim to contact the Winners by email in the week commencing March 6th 2023. We may ask the Winners to submit valid identification in order for them to receive the Prizes.
21. If any Winners do not respond to the email referred to in clause 20 within 2 weeks We reserve the right to offer the Prizes to the another Entrant without any liability to the Winner for having done so.
22. We may require the Winners to participate in publicity on behalf of Us. By entering this Competition, Entrant/s agree that We may use their name for these purposes and that they will not be paid. It is a condition of entry that the Winners’ names will be used for promotional purposes. This will only be in summary e.g. Claire, aged 11 from Lancashire. Images including Entrants will only be used if permission is given separately.
Ownership of entries and intellectual property rights
23. All Competition entries submitted to Us will become Our property upon receipt and will not be returned.
24. We reserve the right to work with our partners to reproduce the entry in whole or in part, without restriction and as We see fit, including but not limited to in print or on social media.
25. By submitting a Competition entry, the Entrant/s agree to:
a. assign to Us all their intellectual property rights with full title guarantee; and
b. waive all Moral Rights (as defined in the Copyright, Design and Patents Act 1988),
in and to their Competition entry and otherwise arising in connection with their entry to which they may now or at any time in the future be entitled under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time.
26. Entrant’s personal data will be collected, stored and processed in accordance with the statement at the top of the entry form.
27. We reserve the right to discontinue, amend or vary the Competition or Prizes at any time.
28. We reserve the right to select an alternative Winner; remove an Entrant or withhold or modify any of the Prizes, should there be reasonable grounds for believing that a Winner or Entrant has contravened any Terms and Conditions of entry or in the instance that We have reasonable grounds for believing that a Winner or Entrant has acted or may act in a manner that could damage the reputation of UK Parliament. We shall not be required to provide any explanation in the event of it exercising any of our rights under this paragraph.
29. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the law of England and Wales and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
30. If you are unsure about any aspect of the information please contact the Education and Engagement team at UK Parliament via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will seek to clarify.